Daya's wholly-owned subsidiary, Daya Polymers Sdn Bhd ("DPSB"), is a recognized leader in specialized polymer compound industry in Malaysia. Since its inception in 1994, DPSB has pioneered the development of these compounds and has developed proprietary technologies and process in this field. We were the first to develop semiconductive and MV-XLPE compounds in this region.
Daya markets and sells our specialized polymer compounds globally under our "DAYACOM" brand, a registered trademark under the Trademark Act, 1976. Our core products can be categorized into four main groups :
- Semiconductive compounds
- Medium-Voltage XLPE compounds
- Low-Voltage XLPE compounds
- Jacketing compounds
At DPSB, the success of our polymer compounds lie in: Quality, Compatibility, Reliability and Service.
We offer the optimum product quality to our customers through the use of proprietary technologies, advanced production techniques, controlled production environment and premium raw materials.
We engage our customers through regular factory visits and periodic technical discussions. These efforts enable our products to be customized to our customers' production equipment and environment to ensure optimum compatibility.
Through years of R&D, extensive lab testing, technical customization and ongoing quality enhancements, our seek to offer products with 100% reliability.
As the leading polymer compound manufacturer in this region, we are able to serve our customers effective and efficient before and after sales services. Our technical and marketing staff stand ever ready to meet the stringent needs of all our customers.
- Semicon conductor and bonded insulation shield for medium voltage power cables
This is a cross-linkable Semicon compound of conductor and bonded insulation shielding for power cables. The product has reduced viscosity, very good fluidity and high resistance to scorch. It also has non-staining property when it contact with metal conductors.
- Strippable Semicon insulation shield for medium voltage power cables
This is a strippable and cross-linkable compound for insulation of power cables. It is suitable for use in steam or gas continuous vulcanisation lines and is easy to strip over a wide temperature range without leaving any crack or moisture but a clean insulation surface.
- Easy strippable Semicon insulation shield for medium voltage power cables
This is a very easy strippable and cross-linkable compound for insulation of power cables. It is suitable for use in steam or gas continuous vulcanisation lines and is easy to strip over a wide temperature without leaving any crack or moisture but a clean insulation surface. It is suitable for long run extrusion without scorch.
- Semicon start-up compound for extruder
This is a semi-conductive thermoplastic compound recommended as start-up compound to be used when starting the extrusion of the cross-linkable semi conductive compound. The compound contains special heat stabilizers to prevent burned PE.
- Siloxane (one-step) silane cross-linkable insulation compound for low voltage power cables
This is a silane cross-linkable compound suitable for insulation of low voltage power cables. The compound is easy to use without premixing and preheating steps. In case of colouring , premixing with colour master batch is required. The compound is sensitive to moisture and the curing process is either by immersion in hot water or sauna.
- Sioplas (two-steps) silane cross-linkable insulation compound for low voltage power cables
This is a silane cross-linkable compound based on linear low-density PE suitable for insulation of low voltage power cables. The compound is used in conjunction with 5% of catalyst masterbatch. It offers high degree of cross-linking and a very good environmental stress cracking resistance. It is suitable for use for steam curing lines.
- This is a low-density cross-linkable PE compound suitable for insulation of medium voltage power cables. It has excellent electrical properties for primary insulation and has a very low level of contamination.
- This is a polyethylene compound suitable for jacketing of power and communication cables. It is a premium-quality black jacketing that provides good toughness, stress cracking resistance, outdoor weatherability and abrasive resistance.
Other Polymer Compounds and Specialty Chemicals
- Apart from the primary products, the Company also trades in related polymer compounds and specialty chemicals. These products include, among others, HDPE, MDPE, LDPE, resins, catalysts, pigments, preservatives and other polymers.
Having established ourselves as the market leader in the domestic polymer compound industry, Daya also maintains a network of international distributors and agents in the following countries:
Daya maintains a set of stringent internal quality standards throughout its management processes. We have over the years developed a quality system that meets the requirements specified by ISO 9001:2000 standards. Among our key operating units, DPSB was first ISO certified in 1999.
ISO 9001 certification is a worldwide recognition of Daya's consistent and superior quality in customer service, as well as an assurance of high quality products. Daya's quality program is evident from its growing satisfied customer base. At Daya, we strive to remain a leader in our industry by continually improving our products and services. There is no limit to the level of quality we can and will provide to our customers.
As a major O&G and engineering & construction company, we are also committed to internationally-recognized Health, Safety & Environment ("HSE") policies and standards. Our goal is to maintain a ancident and accident free workplace. Our staff are fully trained to:
- comply with relevant statutory regulations;
- cultivate HSE habits through day-to-day activities; and
- emergency response programs.
By providing sufficient resources to establish and maintain safe work methods and a safe workplace, we strive to eliminate hazards, practices and behaviors that may cause accidents or injuries to our employees, customers, suppliers and all other stakeholders.
We share the benefits of our commitment to these international standards and certifications with our customers and take pride in our focus to complete customer satisfaction.
If you wish to find out more about our products and services, you are welcome to contact us at the following address :
Daya Polymer Sdn Bhd
1744 Jalan Industri Dua
Taman Industri Bukit Panchor
14300 Nibong Tebal, Penang